Better (two years) late, than never! While feeling the nostalgic around our our two year wedding anniversary, I started looking through our wedding photos and found photos from our welcome dinner, too. I insisted on having our welcome dinner professionally photographed, and although I haven't used the photos (yet), I'm so glad I did! Reliving the memories of our wedding weekend was so fun! I only wish I knew what we were laughing about in these photos (scroll down!).
Since we had a destination wedding, we opted to invite all our guests to the welcome dinner. Not only was it a blast, it took the pressure off and allowed us to spend extra time visiting with our guests who traveled so far.
Another added and unexpected bonus - our guests got a chance to meet, mingle and make plans for the weekend! The wedding weekend can be so busy for the bride, groom and their families. So we were thrilled to learn that our friends co-mingled and made plans to explore wineries together!
Take a look at the kick-off of our wedding weekend! I might be biased, but you can really feel the love! Scroll all the way down to see my rehearsal dinner style tips!
Pretty cute right? I know, I know, you're here for the style tips...
Rehearsal Dinner Style Tips
- You are officially kicking off your wedding weekend, show up like you're ready to party! Wearing all white is always my suggestion.
- This is the appetizer, not the main course! Don't give away too many hints on the dress, i.e., don't wear the same fashion elements like a ruffle, bow, lace, etc.
- Make sure you're look matches the venue and overall vibe of the wedding. If you're having a formal country club wedding, a boho maxi dress and flower crown might be a confusing choice for the rehearsal dinner.
- As a shoe girl myself, I'm always tempted by sky-high heels. But remember, tomorrow is a long day and you don't want to start it with sore feet.
- Getting your hair and makeup professionally done definitely takes the pressure off. If that's not an option, a blow out will help prep your hair for the next day. Just make sure they don't overdo it with product.